Julie (Norris) Wilder is a social entrepreneur and community advocate utilizing the mechanism of business to create positive social, economic and environmental change in our community. As co-founder and former co-owner of Dandelion Communitea Cafe, her focus on cultivating authentic community helped birth the now thriving localist movement throughout Central Florida. The legendary organic cafe is an extremely successful enterprise Ms Norris cultivated in Orlando, Florida for a decade until her exit in May 2015.
As a localist advocate, Julie co-founded the OurLando movement and is the voice of an award winning talk show, Front Porch Radio on WPRK 91.5fm. She is a BALLE enthusiast, Slow Money champion and advocate for social & economic sovereignty on behalf of women and single mothers, in particular. She is also a mother, writer, graphic designer, amateur photographer, artist, folk doula and hobby herbalist.
A pragmatic idealist & brazen warrior, Ms Wilder uses the mechanism of business to influence a shift towards an integral & regenerative society which honors personal sovereignty, melding: Localist values, Partnership Economies, Social Permaculture, Financial Permaculture, Spiral Dynamics, Cosmic Cycles and Common Sense. Her next big venture is under development & will integrate many of these systems based on lessons learned during her first foray as an entrepreneur.
- Front Porch Radio, WPRK 91.5 FM, Founder & On-Air Host, 2007 to Present
- Sovereign Sisters, A ReClaiming Social Movement, Founder, 2015
- Gaia Mama, Journal of Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond, 2009 to Present
- Spiral Spectrum Cosmic Calendar, Bridge from Gregorian to Rhythmic Time, Designer
PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
- Dandelion Communitea Cafe, Co-Owner & Co-Founder, 2005-2015
- Progressive Local Alliance for Community Enrichment (PLACE), aka Ourlando, Co-Founder
- Velocity Magazine, Community Editor through early 2014
- Edible Orlando, Advisory Board Member
- Central Florida Birth Network, Member